Economic Policy Journalism (Bachelor of Arts)
- Vandenhirtz M. (2022): Does economic policy journalism have a women's problem? - A quantitative and qualitative content analysis of coverage of women in economic policy journalism.
- Wantia L. (2021): Economic policy uncertainty in Spanish media. An LDA-based analysis of the coverage of the daily newspapers El País and El Mundo.
- Hornig, N. (2019): The underestimated corpus creation. The effect of media selection on the result of (online) content analysis using the example of the "diesel scandal". Bachelor Thesis.
- Lordieck, A. (2019): The influence of the media - Narratives in inflation reporting and their utility for real-time determination of inflation expectations. A topic modeling approach. Bachelor Thesis.
- Zentek, J. (2019): Reporting on share trading in German quality media. An automated content analysis using the latent dirichlet allocation method. Bachelor Thesis.
Economics and Journalism (Master of Arts)
- Hornig, N. (2022): The perceived uncertainty in German online media. Construction of a digital uncertainty perception indicator. Master Thesis
- Putfarken, H. (2019): German media reporting on the emergence of the 2008 financial crisis - An economic analysis of the crisis causes and a framing analysis of German media using the latent dirichlet allocation method. Master Thesis.
- Jahns, C. (2017): Income and wealth inequality in economic policy journalism. Master Thesis.
- Scheppe, M. (2017): Young, free and biased: How German quality media and "Junge Freiheit" reported on the refugee crisis. Automated framing analysis using the latent dirichlet allocation method. Master Thesis.
- Terfurth, A.-K. (2017): The agenda of economic policy journalism. An algorithmic analysis using the latent dirichlet allocation method. Master Thesis.
Statistics (Bachelor of Science)
- Kirchhof, M. (2017): Analysis of structural topic models based on newspaper articles. Bachelor Thesis.
- Mazurkiewicz, A. (2017): Comparison of topic models in text mining. Bachelor Thesis.
- Denecke, E. (2016): Temporal modeling of economic issues in the SZ using mixed distributions. Bachelor Thesis.
- Rieger, J. (2016): Classification of German-language print media using the bag-of-words method. Bachelor Thesis.
- Greiff, M. (2014): Classification of newspaper articles with linear discriminant analysis and decision trees. Bachelor Thesis.
- Riehl, J. (2014): Statistical analysis of thematic careers in scientific journal articles. Bachelor Thesis.
Statistics (Master of Science)
- Raeis-Dana D. (2018): Quality of user-generated online comments using text mining processes. Master Thesis.
- Rieger, J. (2018): Comparison of latent topics from LDA topic models. Master Thesis.
- Greiff, M. (2016): Characterization of subject courses in text corpora. Master Thesis.
- Koppers, L. (2013): Statistical comparison of reporting on medical studies with scientometric parameters. Master Thesis.
The theses were so far only written in German. Click here for the original titles.